Yesterday morning, while reading through the blogs I follow, I discovered a gift waiting for me! I was the recipient of a “Lovely Blog Award” given to me by Samantha at Fields of gold. I just recently discovered Samantha’s blog and I can tell from just the few short weeks of following that she has a compassionate heart. I always look forward to reading her posts.
This award comes with a couple rules:
1. Accept the award and acknowledge the person who gave it to you.
2. Pay it forward to 15 blogs you enjoy following.
Okay, I am already going to bend the rules slightly. I don’t have 15 numbered blogs but depending on how you count I either have slightly less awards to distribute or slightly more. Either way….Congratulations!!
So without further ado drum roll
the award (in no particular order) goes to…
1. I’ve been following Regina’s blog for a couple months, Tales from a Leaky Faucet. I love her natural, honest, real voice. (In fact, that’s probably why I like most of these blogs.)
2. My friend and my pastor, Mike Gothard, also gets to take the prize for the blog I have followed the longest. His writing always teaches me, challenges me, makes me think, and often makes me laugh!
3. I hopped over to Kelli and Heidi’s blog Mothers On Mission
not too long ago and have been enjoying all their encouraging words to mothers out there in the blog world.
4. My friend Chris wears many hats but I love them all. From time to time she writes encouraging, quiet and quirky thoughts
and lately she’s been inspiring and challenging women to make healthy choices at Five 11 Coaching
5. My friends, Emily and Michael, have a passion for adoption and hope to inspire the rest of us to understand, cherish and support this beautiful ministry through their blog Godspotters Adoption & Family Ministries
6. I now have the first of two “amphibian” blogs to honor. The first being Frogsview
. I will never forget “meeting” Frogsview shortly after entering the blogging world. It was the first comment I ever received from someone I did not personally “know”. I remember thinking…WOW! someone out there, besides people who know me, actually visit my blog! I clicked over to Frog’s blog and have enjoyed his inspiring posts and scenic pictures ever since.
7. The second froggy honor goes to SoggyToad
. I wish I had just half of this sweet lady’s creativity and abilities when it comes to cooking, crafts and gardening!
8. The next site I visit frequently is Proverbs 31 Ministries
. Over the past several months, I have been inspired and encouraged by so many of the writers associated with this ministry. I led a bible study last year called Becoming More Than A Good Bible Study Girl, by Lysa Terkeurst
and that’s how I found Proverbs 31. This led me to Susanne Scheppmann’s
blog and her study, Birds In My Mustard Tree, which our ladies bible study did last Spring.
9. I was initially lured to this next blog because of its name Coffee Shop Journal
. (I tend to gravitate toward anything with the word coffee in it.) I’ve enjoyed coming back numerous times to refill my mug.
10. Not too long ago, I mentioned I was heading back to the Dominican Republic for another mission trip. Joe and Shannon took good care of our team while we were staying in the DR last year. Their blog Life in the Dominican Republic
follows their experiences as missionaries and their most recent journey.
11. Carpe Diem
was only a part of my life for a short time. I enjoyed getting to know Crystal through ladies bible study and love the fact that I can still keep in touch with her via facebook and blogging.
12. Another blogger I’ve discovered recently shares her journey getting out of the boat. I look forward to reading more posts from Kandi.
13. If you happen to be a grace fanatic, like I am, and a lover of second chances, you will love Mike Foster and Jud Wilhite’s site People of the Second Chance.
There they are. The blogs/sites that I have enjoyed and found encouragement and wisdom from over the past year in the blogging world! I am looking forward to adding to my reading list. So, if you have any blog suggestions, please feel free to leave a comment and let me know!