I am thrilled to have Sundi Jo visiting The Scenic Route today. Sundi Jo is an author, a speaker and a small business owner. She writes about life, faith, leadership, social media, health, and more. She is passionate about spreading hope with a dose of humor mixed in. You can visit her online home HERE.
Ken Davis asks in his book, Fully Alive: Lighten Up and Live – A Journey that Will Change Your LIfe,
“How has your life changed in the past few years because of the power of Christ living in you?”
Before I answer the question, let me say this. Christianity is not easy. Had I known what trials I would go through prior to surrendering my life to Christ, I’m not sure I would have signed up. Does that mean I regret becoming a Christian? No way! I wouldn’t trade it for anything. But it’s hard.
You can’t have a true relationship with Jesus Christ without your life changing. If you’ve been a Christian for several years now and your life is still comfortable, I recommend you having a talk with God and reanalyzing your situation.
I became a believer in 2006 but I didn’t start truly following Christ until 2009. Since then, God’s been flipping my world upside down. It’s been a ride, I’ll say that.
- I spent one long year in a discipleship program going head to head with my depression, the denial of my father’s death, and the emotional scars of sexual abuse.
- I’ve been dealing with various health issues that knock me on my butt every few days.
- Family members and friends have written me off because of my decision to devote my life to Jesus Christ.
My life hasn’t exactly been comfortable over these last few years. But as Ken Davis says, “A comfortable life is not the path to being fully alive. It’s a ticket to boredom and despair.”
My life hasn’t just been filled with pain and trials. Some amazing things have happened since me and Jesus started walking together.
- I restored a relationship with my stepmother after 14 years of not speaking.
- I’ve had the opportunity to share my testimony and bring others to Christ.
- I have put my pain and redemption into the pages of a book.
- God continues to bless me even when I don’t deserve it.
My life is changing because I’m finally living Fully Alive. I’m going in God’s direction, not my own. I’m learning from the pain instead of wallowing in it. I’m choosing victory over being a victim.
As long as I’m uncomfortable I know I’m living. It’s when things get too settled I know it’s time to reevaluate.
How has your life changed because of the power of Christ living in you?
Sundi Jo is an author, speaker, and small business owner, making her home in Branson, Missouri. Her first book, Dear Dad, Did You Know I Was a Princess?, comes out in Spring 2013. You’ll find her engulfed in the social media world, spending time with friends and family, hanging out in a pair of jeans, t-shirt, and flip fops, or writing. Find Sundi Jo on Facebook or Twitter (@sundijo).
Author & Speaker